Sunday, February 15, 2009

Wal-Mart Trip 02/14/09


In case you are unaware Wal-Mart has a policy where they will price match the current ads of their competitors. I use this policy at least once a week since I am not crazy about Walgreen's Mail-In Rebates or Register Rewards programs. Wal-Mart will match the after MIR (mail-in rebate), ECB (CVS's Extra Bucks) or RR (Walgreen's Register Rewards) price so you have less out of pocket cost. They will not match the CVS & Walgreen's deals that are FREE after ECB, RR or MIR. Also if there is a limit or purchase requirement (must spend $10 or must buy so many to get the sale price) Wal-Mart does not enforce that. Here is what I got at Wal-Mart using the price matching policy:

(2) boxes of Glucerna cereal @ $3.94 ea
(Wal-Mart's everyday price)
Used (2) <$5.00> coupons here
(you can print 2 per computer by clicking the back button after the first coupon prints)
Total: +$2.12!

(3) cylinders of Windex Wipes @ $1.50 each
(Price match with Walgreens ad 02/08 - 02/14/09)
Used (3) <$1.50> coupons here
(you can print 2 per computer by clicking the back button after the first coupon prints)
Total: FREE!

(6) cylinders of Scrubbing Bubbles Wipes @ $1.50 each
(Price match with Walgreens ad 02/08 - 02/14/09)
Used (3) <$3.00>/2 coupons here
(you can print 2 per computer by clicking the back button after the first coupon prints)
Total: FREE!

(2) 1/2 gallons of Blue Bell ice cream @ $2.99 each
(Price match with Kroger's 1-day sale ad 2/14/09)
Used (2) <$1.00> here (look under "Extra Scoops" tab)
(you can print 2 per computer by clicking the back button after the first coupon prints)
Total: $3.98

Sub-total (before coupons): $27.36
Less coupons: <$25.50>
Total spent out of my pocket: $1.86!!!

Happy Couponing!

5 comments:

  1. I had no idea WalMart would price match the after ECB or RR prices. What location do you go to? We just have one WM in my small town, but you can bet I am going to go try out this new info on them! Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, HeatherMama! Yup they sure do! Keep in mind that they won't PM the after ECB/RR/MIR price if it is FREE or group promos but other than that I have had little issues. Make sure and "cherry pick" your cashier and if you still get drama, call the manager over and explain what ECB/RR are and how it would benefit him to allow you to PM at his store and they have yet to refuse me. I live in SW Fort Worth so I go to the WM on Hulen and it is a pretty big WM. Let me know how it works out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How do you go about that. At checkout sow them your mags?
    Jennifer19md@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you have a way to verify that this is true. I know they definitely let you use adds to compare prices, but it is my understanding that they do not take a store coupon or honor any kind of gimmick. I have tried to buy things that were on sale at my grocery store, but the sale price was within a coupon that you had to tear out to give the cashier, and WalMart would not accept it. I can hardly believe they would honor the after ecb/rr prices. do you have any thing in print or are you just going by what your WalMart allows? Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Rachel! No I don't have any proof. I have just talked to my local Wal-Mart manager and explanied what ECB & RR are and how they work and he had no problem with it, he said he would rather have my business than loose it. No they don't take competitor coupons but a ECB or RR promo is not a coupon so no probs. They obviously can't price match the FREE after ECB or RR price but if it's 99¢ afterwards and I have a $1 coupon it's a go! Just talk to your STORE or DISTRICT manager and explain it to him/her, it never hurts to ask. You can see from this post that I did price match the after Easy Saver Rebate price so it can be done.

    ReplyDelete